- Heart Conditions
- Heart Treatments
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support
- Electrophysiology Testing for Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Ablation
- Cardiac Catheterisation (Coronary Angiogram)
- Coronary Angioplasty (Coronary Stenting)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Renal Denervation for Hypertension
- Advanced Therapies to Treat Heart Failure
- Permanent Pacemakers and Implantable Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Valve Repair or Replacement (Mitral Valve Surgery & TAVI)
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Heart Scans and Tests
- Imaging Services
- Lung Conditions
- Lung Treatments
- Diagnostic Services
Heart Screening Clinic
Our heart screening clinic offers a range of tests and scans designed to assess the health of your heart and detect the early signs of heart disease. It can also help detect other heart problems such as arrhythmia and heart failure, as well as determining your risk of stroke or heart attack.
Don’t ignore your heart’s health
Heart disease can be present without symptoms. However, if heart disease is diagnosed at the earliest possible stages, before symptoms develop, it can be successfully treated and managed. Our renowned heart screening clinic is available at all our locations for your convenience.
Heart disease risk factors
Heart and circulatory disease is the UK’s biggest killer, responsible for 40% of all deaths in the UK. Certain conditions are considered to put a person at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease. These include:
- Lifestyle factors – smoking, poor diet, lack of exercise, obesity
- Medical conditions – High blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, low ‘good’ cholesterol or high ‘bad’ cholesterol
- Life stage (menopause) and genetics (heredity)
Packages and Costs
Package 1: Assessment with an Experienced Cardiac Nurse – £195
You will receive a personalised assessment with a cardiac nurse, including blood analyses and an ECG, which measures the electrical activity of the heart. A summary report, reviewed by a consultant, will be provided, together with expert advice on managing risks or heart problems identified.
This package is most suitable for individuals with no prior heart problems who would like an initial assessment. This package is not available at the Harefield Hospital heart clinic.
Package 2: One-to-one consultation with a Specialist Cardiologist- £395
Our most popular package. In addition to package 1, you will receive a one-to-one consultation with one of our world-leading heart consultants who will discuss the results of the initial tests and recommend further tests, if needed.
This package is recommended for individuals who have experienced heart palpitations, chest pain and/or have previously suffered from heart problems.
Further tests required may include:
- Stress echocardiogram – This is a test done to assess how well the heart works under stress. The “stress” can be triggered by exercise either on a treadmill or supine bike. The exercise machines are easy to use: complete beginners will be able to undertake these with the help of friendly staff. A dobutamine stress echocardiogram (DSE) may be used if you are unable to exercise.
- Transthoracic echocardiogram – This test is recommended for some patients with heart palpitations and chest pain; particularly when these symptoms are accompanied by breathlessness.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance scan For individuals requiring the most accurate test available, then a cardiovascular magnetic resonance scan is the best possible option. This test uses magnets, radio waves and a computer to create detailed pictures of the heart and major blood vessels.
Patients will be provisionally booked onto package 1 or 2, but you will be asked to complete the below questionnaire to ensure the package is tailored to your needs.
If you would like to request a particular cardiologist please find those that run our heart screening clinics below.
Harefield Hospital cardiologists:
Royal Brompton Hospital cardiologists:
Booking an appointment
Request a Second Opinion
- Harefield Hospital Heart Risk Clinic Launch Cardiovascular disease (CVD) refers to any disease that affects the cardiovascular system, principally heart and arteries of the brain, kidneys and limbs. Despite modern...
- Harefield Hospital expands private outpatients offering The private outpatients team at Harefield Hospital have been busy. Private Patients Manager Gerri Hamer has been working with her team and the internationally renowned...