Rapid Access Clinic & Diagnostic Service
Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals offers a number of SAME DAY or SHORT NOTICE appointments to speed up the diagnostic service and offer patients peace of mind.
Rapid Access Cardiac Clinic
For patients experiencing chest pain, or other cardiac symptoms requiring non-emergency assessment, we offer SAME DAY appointments with our leading cardiologists. Our hospitals and Outpatients and Diagnostics at 77 Wimpole Street are home to the most advanced diagnostic equipment facilities in the UK, meaning patients have access to on-site tests and scans, should these be required. Results can be issued within 24 hours.
Rapid access appointments with other NHS clinics can take up to 2 weeks. Save time and get peace of mind by booking today.
To make an appointment, call 02031315130.
Rapid Diagnostic Service
For patients requiring a range of tests to help diagnose a heart or lung condition, we offer same day or short notice appointments where all the tests can be done in one visit.
Tests available for same-day or short-notice appointments:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Chest X-Ray
- 24-hour, 48-hour and 72-hour holter monitoring (ECG tape)
- Trans-telephonic event recorders (King of Hearts)
- 24-hour blood pressure monitor
- Nuclear medicine scans including myocardial perfusion scan (only offered to patients who have not had caffeine in the last 24 hours)
- Exercise stress test
- A range of blood tests
- Complex Echocardiogram (including stress echo)
- CT scanning with a 64-slice CT scanner or the advanced Dual Source Flash scanner
- Cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR)
- Bone density scan
- Lung function tests
- Single and dual chamber pacemaker and defibrillator follow-up (pacing check)