- Heart Conditions
- Heart Treatments
- Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Management
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support
- Electrophysiology Testing for Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Ablation
- Cardiac Catheterisation (Coronary Angiogram)
- Coronary Angioplasty (Coronary Stenting)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Renal Denervation for Hypertension
- Advanced Therapies to Treat Heart Failure
- Permanent Pacemakers and Implantable Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Valve Repair or Replacement (Mitral Valve Surgery & TAVI)
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Heart Scans and Tests
- Imaging Services
- Lung Conditions
- Lung Treatments
- Diagnostic Services
Bronchial Thermoplasty for Asthma
We offer this very specialist treatment for patients with severe asthma on the maximum medical treatment.
Patients require a detailed assessment to check if they are suitable for the treatment. The treatment involves heating up the airways with a special catheter during a bronchoscopy to selectively reduce smooth muscle in the airways. Reducing the smooth muscle may reduce the amount of spasm in the airways and hence improve asthma control and symptoms. Patients usually require three separate treatments.
Consultant linked to treatment
Location where service is offered
Booking an appointment
Request a Second Opinion
- Attacking asthma with a ‘Bronchial Thermoplasty’ Dr Pallav Shah a consultant in respiratory medicine at the Royal Brompton Hospital is pioneering a new treatment for severe...
- Asthma misdiagnosis can lead to problems on the pitch Fulham Football Club wanted to ensure its players had the best respiratory function and to ensure their lung health was...
I have to say that my experience at Royal Brompton was amazing. It definitely lives up to its reputation of being the best heart and lung hospital in the...