- Heart Conditions
- Heart Treatments
- Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Management
- Personalised External Aortic Root Support
- Electrophysiology Testing for Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Ablation
- Cardiac Catheterisation (Coronary Angiogram)
- Coronary Angioplasty (Coronary Stenting)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Renal Denervation for Hypertension
- Advanced Therapies to Treat Heart Failure
- Permanent Pacemakers and Implantable Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Valve Repair or Replacement (Mitral Valve Surgery & TAVI)
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Heart Scans and Tests
- Imaging Services
- Lung Conditions
- Lung Treatments
- Diagnostic Services
Tumour Ablation for Lung Cancer
At Royal Brompton, we are are able to treat some forms of lung cancer using bronchoscopy. This usually occurs in cases where the tumours are blocking off part of the main airways.
The suitability of this procedure to treat lung cancer will depend on the type and location of the tumour and the way in which this appears on the CT scan.
Treatment can be carried out using a range of techniques. These include:
- Diathermy/electrocautery: This involves using an electrical current to burn and remove the tumour from within the airways.
- Cryotherapy: A freezing probe is applied to areas of abnormal airway, lung or tumour. The freezing process causes some of the tumour to stick onto the probe and this can then be removed from the airway.
- Stent Insertion: This is where self-expanding metallic stents are placed to keep open a main airway.
- Microwave Ablation
- Targeted denervation
Consultant linked to treatment
Location where service is offered
Royal Brompton patient, Mr David Busby, 66 and a father of two, describes his journey through lung laser surgery.
Read More >>
Booking an appointment
Request a Second Opinion
- Hope in the fight against lung cancer Harefield Hospital’s Dr Paras Dalal is finding great success in the treatment of lung cancer with percutaneous tumour ablation. Lung...
- ‘ Inoperable’ lung cancer patient given hope after life-saving surgery Lung cancer patient Ivor Miller, 72, shares his experience of obtaining a second opinion after being told that nothing could...
I would, without a doubt, recommend Royal Brompton to other patients. My surgeon was highly skilled, eloquent but also very down to earth. The entire referral...