Dr David EvansMD FRCP
Consultant respiratory physician
Dr David Evans is a consultant in respiratory medicine at Harefield Hospital, where he treats private and NHS patients. He has been a consultant physician since 1999.
Dr Evans completed his MD thesis at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, then completed clinical training as a senior registrar at Royal Brompton Hospital and St George’s Hospital.
He worked in Portsmouth for two years before moving back to Hertfordshire to take his current posts at Harefield Hospital and West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust. He also holds posts at Hemel Hempstead Hospital, St Albans City Hospital and Watford General Hospital.
He is also an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr David Evans is an expert in respiratory medicine.
His clinical interests include:
- airways disease – asthma and cough
- smoking-related lung problems
- occupational lung diseases including asbestos exposure
- sleep disorders including sleep apnoea
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Dr David Evans is an honorary senior lecturer in respiratory medicine at the National Heart and Lung Institute.
His current research involves:
- computational flow dynamic studies of small airways disease
- meta-analyses of published evidence for airway disorders (alongside the Cochrane Airways Group).
Dr David Evans has written papers in on small airways disease, tuberculosis, bronchial sepsis, bronchiectasis and asthma.
His research has been published in peer-reviewed international journals including The New England Journal of Medicine.
He has also contributed to textbooks within the field of respiratory medicine.
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians
- British Thoracic Society
- British Medical Association