Dr Owais DarMB ChB
Dr Owais Dar is a consultant cardiologist at Harefield Hospital, where he treats both private and NHS patients.
He completed his training in general cardiology and heart failure at:
- London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
He completed a funded international fellowship in advanced heart failure, heart transplantation and left ventricular assist devices. This took place at Vienna General Hospital, Austria, and at Stanford Health Care (part of the Stanford University Medical Center) in California, USA.
Dr Owais Dar specialises in adult cardiology, with a particular interest in patients with advanced heart failure.
He sees patients with heart failure, or patients referred from other hospitals regarding:
- appropriateness of drug therapy
- on-going treatment
- the need for devices such as pacemakers or defibrillators
- cardiac transplant or mechanical circulatory support surgery (to fit a ventricular assist device).
Dr Owais Dar received his research degree from the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London in 2010. He studied the role of telemonitoring in heart failure patients.
His research interests also include cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support.
Dr Owais Dar has written several book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals on heart failure.
English, Hindi, Urdu, German, Kashmiri.
Dr Dar is a member of:
- British Society for Heart Failure
- British Cardiac Society
- Royal College of Physicians
- European Society of Cardiology
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation.