Dr Owais DarMB ChB
Dr Owais Dar completed his training in general cardiology and heart failure at:
- London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- The Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
He completed a funded international fellowship in advanced heart failure, heart transplantation and left ventricular assist devices. This took place in Vienna General Hospital, Austria, and Stanford Health Care (part of the Stanford University Medical Center) in California, USA.
Dr Owais Dar specialises in adult cardiology, with a particular interest in patients with advanced heart failure.
He sees patients with heart failure, or patients referred from other hospitals regarding:
- appropriateness of drug therapy
- on-going treatment
- the need for devices such as pacemakers or defibrillators
- cardiac transplant or mechanical circulatory support surgery.
Dr Owais Dar received his research degree from the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London in 2010. He studied the role of telemonitoring in heart failure patients.
His research interests also include cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support.
Dr Owais Dar has written several book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals on heart failure.
English, Hindi, Urdu, German, Kashmiri
Dr Dar is a member of:
• The British Society for Heart Failure and British Cardiac Society
• The Royal College of Physicians
• The European Society of Cardiology
• The International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation.