Dr Paras DalalBSc (Hons) MBBS MRCP FRCR
Consultant cardiothoracic radiologist
Dr Paras Dalal is a consultant cardiothoracic radiologist who treats private and NHS patients at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.
He studied at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School (now part of Imperial College London), with further training in medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, under the Oxford training scheme, and at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.
He went on to specialise in radiology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital.
He completed fellowships at the following hospitals:
- Royal Brompton Hospital (thoracic imaging)
- Royal Marsden Hospital (oncology imaging)
- University College Hospital (the Ratcliffe Fellowship).
Dr Paras Dalal specialises in:
- percutaneous therapies for lung tumours (including radio-frequency ablation and microwave therapy)
- thoracic and oncological imaging and intervention
- lung transplant imaging
- cardiac imaging.
Dr Paras Dalal’s research interests include:
- radiofrequency ablation of primary lung tumours
- perfusion imaging in lung cancer
- percutaneous cryotherapy for lung cancer
- infection profiles in lung transplant patients.
Dr Paras Dalal has reviewed articles for the European Radiology Journal, the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, and the American Journal of Radiology. He has also written book chapters on lung cancer and pulmonary vasculature imaging.
Dr Paras Dalal teaches on postgraduate courses for radiology. He has lectured at several thoracic imaging conferences on imaging and treatment in lung cancer and lung transplant imaging.
Dr Dalal also teaches international students at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.