Mr Michael DusmetMD FMH
Consultant thoracic surgeon
Mr Michael Dusmet is a consultant thoracic surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital, where he treats private and NHS patients.
Mr Dusmet grew up in southern California then lived in Switzerland. He received his medical degree in 1981 from the University of Lausanne, Switzerland. He then trained as a general and thoracic surgeon in Switzerland.
After a two year fellowship in Toronto, Canada, Mr Dusmet became a thoracic surgeon.
Since 2002, he has been consultant thoracic surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital, London.
Mr Michael Dusmet specialises in thoracic surgery. He is an expert in the surgical management of lung cancer.
He treats a range of lung conditions, including:
- lung cancer
- tracheal stenosis
- oesophageal cancer
- mediastinal conditions
- thymic pathology.
He performs a number of procedures, such as:
- all types of standard and complex lung resections for lung cancer, with a special interest for sleeve resections
- video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) lobectomy
- diagnostic bronchoscopy
- lung resections for benign disease
- thoracotomy bullectomy
- excision biopsy of lymph node for diagnosis
- surgery for emphysema
- diaphragmatic pathology
- pneumothorax surgery.
Mr Dusmet is the designated thoracic surgeon for the testicular multidisciplinary team at Royal Marsden Hospital.
Mr Michael Dusmet has authored over 80 publications.
Mr Dusmet is a lecturer for the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), and regularly organises or co-organises EACTS courses in thoracic surgery. He is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings.
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain & Ireland
- European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
English, French, Italian.