Mr Nizar AsadiMD
Consultant thoracic surgeon
Mr Nizar Asadi qualified in medicine at the University of Bologna in Italy in 2006 and completed his training in thoracic surgery in Italy and in UK.
Since then he has held positions at Great Ormond Street Hospital and in 2017 he was appointed as a consultant thoracic surgeon at The Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Mr Nizar Asadi has special expertise in:
- adult and paediatric thoracic surgery
- minimally invasive video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) lung resection
- chest wall surgery
- tracheal surgery
- locally advanced lung and chest wall tumours
- pectus deformities surgery
- benign and malignant pleural disease
- airway stenting and cryotherapy
- minimally invasive mediastinal tumour resection.
Mr Nizar Asadi led several research projects in adult and paediatric thoracic surgery and has presented and lectured in national and international conferences in Europe and in the Middle East.
Currently, Mr Asadi is pioneering the Digital Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (D-ERAS), this project is aiming to introduce the digitalization to the patient recovery after surgery to promote an early recovery after minimal invasive thoracic surgery.
Mr Asadi is an active member in several scientific societies including the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery in Britain and Ireland.
He is leading several projects that aim to digitise the NHS and currently is completing the Digital Pioneer Fellowship.
Mr Nizar Asadi has published many articles and original papers on his specialist subjects, as well as presenting multiple oral and video presentations.
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Italian Society of Thoracic Surgery
- Association of medical practitioners, surgeons and dentists of the District of Bologna