Ms Rashmi Yadav
Ms Rashmi Yadav completed her cardiac surgical training in the North West Thames Deanery (2004-2011). She worked as a specialist registrar at various hospitals, including Heart Hospital (now known as University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street), St George’s, Hammersmith and Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. In 2008, she completed the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS(CTh)), registering on the cardiothoracic surgery specialist register.
As part of her training, Ms Yadav completed a fellowship at the Robert-Bosch-Krankenhaus in Stuttgart, Germany. This was under Professor Ulrich Franke, specialising in minimally invasive cardiac surgery. She also has a PhD from Imperial College London.
After her training, she was a locum consultant at Royal Brompton Hospital from October 2011 to March 2013. In April 2013, she became a permanent consultant at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Ms Rashmi Yadav is an adult cardiac surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital. Her areas of expertise include:
- minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (CABG) surgery
- endoscopic atraumatic coronary artery bypass (EndoACAB) surgery – this is the only programme of its kind in the UK
- total arterial sequential grafting, using bilateral internal mammary artery (IMA) and endoscopic conduit harvesting
- total arterial revascularisation for left internal mammary artery (LIMA), right internal mammary artery (RIMA Y) and sequential grafts
- transcatheter therapy
- minimally invasive atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation
- thoracoscopic AF ablation
- endoscopic vein and radial artery harvesting
- mitral valve surgery and repair
- transcatheter valve therapy (aortic and mitral).
Ms Rashmi Yadav is currently involved in a research programme comparing endoscopic surgical with catheter-based ablation for AF.
Her other research interests include:
- hybrid coronary revascularisation
- endoscopic conduit harvest
- prevention of surgical site infection in high-risk CABG patients
- systemic inflammatory response after cardiac surgery.
Ms Rashmi Yadav has a keen interest in leadership, human motivation and emotional intelligence at work. She is interested in its impact on team working, work culture and patient experience and safety.
She also mentors students who show an interest in a career in medicine.
Ms Rashmi Yadav is a member of:
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery (SCTS)
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery (ISMICS)
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
She is part of the programme committee for ISMICS, and the adult cardiac group for EACTS. She has a big role in planning and contributing to these international societies’ annual meetings.
Ms Yadav has also been an invited speaker at national and international meetings.
English and Hindi
Understands Punjabi, Gujarati and Tamil