Mr Nizar Asadi is a consultant thoracic surgeon who treats private patients at Harefield Hospital.
He qualified in medicine at the University of Bologna in Italy in 2006 and completed his training in thoracic surgery in Italy and in the UK.
He previously held a position at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
In 2017, he was appointed as a consultant thoracic surgeon at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.
Mr Nizar Asadi has special expertise in:
- adult and paediatric thoracic surgery
- minimally invasive video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) lung resection
- chest wall surgery
- tracheal surgery
- locally advanced lung and chest wall tumours
- pectus deformities surgery
- benign and malignant pleural disease
- airway stenting and cryotherapy
- minimally invasive mediastinal tumour resection.
Mr Nizar Asadi has led several research projects in adult and paediatric thoracic surgery and has presented and lectured in national and international conferences in Europe and in the Middle East.
Currently, Mr Asadi is pioneering the Digital Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (D-ERAS) project, which aims to introduce digitalisation to the patient recovery after surgery, and thus promote an early recovery after minimal invasive thoracic surgery.
He is leading several projects that aim to digitise the NHS and currently is completing the Digital Pioneer Fellowship.
Mr Nizar Asadi has published many articles and original papers on his specialist subjects, as well as presenting multiple oral and video presentations.