Dr Rahul Seewal is an honorary consultant in pain management at Royal Brompton Hospital, where he treats private patients.
He qualified in 1997 and obtained an MD in 2003 before starting a fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 2005.
Dr Seewal completed advanced training in pain management at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine by the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 2009.
He is a consultant in pain management at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, and Kent Hospitals. He is also a locum consultant at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham.
Dr Rahul Seewal has expertise in:
- management of back pain
- neck pain
- pelvic pain
- abdominal pain
- other chronic pain syndromes.
He specialises in the treatments offered for complex pain, including:
- multidisciplinary consultations
- medicine management
- other pain management interventions.
Dr Rahul Seewal's research interests include:
- behaviour changes and new habits in the treatment of chronic pain
- the use of technology in lifestyle medicine
- lifestyle medicine for chronic pain
- use of technology in enhancing patient experience and interaction
- use of technology and innovation in the management of chronic pain
- cognitive behavioural therapy in chronic pain
- patient reported outcome measures.
Dr Rahul Seewal has published works on the role of antibiotics in lower back pain, and cost-effectiveness and outcome measures in chronic pain.